On January 16, we celebrate Martin Luther King Jr. Day. This day is a holiday for students, faculty, and staff.
So that we might all have the opportunity to honor Dr. King’s legacy on MLK Day in our own ways—by participating in a service project, attending events in the local community, worshiping in our faith communities, engaging in dialogue with friends and colleagues, or spending time with our families and loved ones—we will not plan any campus-wide observances that day.
In South Bend
On January 16, Project Impact South Bend and the South Bend Heritage Foundation will host their 37th annual Martin Luther King Jr. Day of Celebration at the Century Center in Downtown South Bend. Events include:
- 7:30-9:00 a.m.: Martin Luther King Jr. Community Service Recognition Breakfast
- 9:30-11:30 a.m.: Morning Workshops
- 11:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.: Memorial March
- 1:30-3:00 p.m.: Afternoon workshops
- 3:00-5:00 p.m.: Youth Cultural Program and Youth Community Service Awards
For more information about these events, visit the Project Impact website.
This page will continue to be updated as addtional events are added.